Monday, June 9, 2008

Well, It's Official...

I'm getting old. I got up early this morning (6 am) and only resented it for a minute. Usually when I get up early I am mad for at least 10 min and stare into space for about 15 min. Then, I'm OK. Not today. Trace woke me up to fix his lunch, ugh, and I was in the kitchen making his sandwich. I was just glaring at him while spreading peanut butter on the bread, watching him try to get online. When he couldn't connect, I grinned slyly. But then, I thought about all the things I could do before the kids got up. It was weird, normally I'd get back in the bed. Not today, folks! Got my coffee, read my Bible, prayed, then went outside and (here's another hint I'm old...ready for this?...)

Weeded the flower beds- with a hoe! Then, swept the porch! I felt like my Granny, that's how I learned to do that stuff. Too funny! Later, I will go get some new mulch and do that too.

I was going to go walking, but I figured I worked out and got sweaty enough in the garden. And my wee ones are whiny this morning, so why go? It would frustrate me more. I smiled when I thought about how I will do all this gardening in England, in much cooler weather. They seem to be serious about their "gardens" (which is what they call "yards").

Why else do I feel old? My childhood love got married last weekend. I saw some pictures and his wedding looked beautiful. But he looked older and so did my other buddies from school. I thought he was immortal, but he's not. So, do I look older too? Yuck.

Well, off to get some breakfast and more coffee. Then, mulch and fish oil. Isn't that what old people do?

7 comments:

Paige M said...

That's funny. I got up at 6am today too. I never get up before 7! I said the same thing to my mother, "It was kinda nice to get up early and drink coffe and read before the kids get up." I'm usually rushing around trying to leave the house by 8:30 to go exercise. I straightened the house a little too...before 8am!!! But I'm a little sleepy now. Maybe I need a nap. I AM OLD!

Paige M said...

Why don't you make the sandwiches at night? Just wondering...

NO WAY I could make lunches before 8 in the morning without some serious hard feelings.

Anonymous said...

Before I got pregnant I was getting up early a lot too. But now I'm always so darn tired I just sleep wherever I seem to fall. Yet, another sign of getting older. Don't remind me about childhood friends looking different. My 10 year high school reunion is this summer.

piklpaper said...

hey, there slacker! :) glad you enjoyed your morning o' gardening. i'm trying to stay awake writing this and oh, look at that, it's 8:50pm! sad, sad, sad. i have a few more precious months before i leave the 20's and i feel like i'm 90! did you find some good supplements today?

Kim said...

I love getting up early, as the whole world knows, but I rarely get that much done, except for eating and drinking my weight in coffee.

I just started taking garlic supplements and I'm older than you.

heather said...

Older is better. Just wait until 6:00 a.m. feels like sleeping in.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

wow! you ARE old. hahaha

you chicks are still kids! i'm 38 and take fish oil, vitamin e, joint care, etc! lol(by the way, my 20th high school reunion is this summer.)