Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Highlights From Today

My last post was a little heavy, but my day was light and fun! So, here are some fun highlights from my day:

  1. Went swimming at Maja's - That's always fun! I love being with all those special ladies! The crowd was light today, which was nice because with less children, the Mommas could actually get in the pool and have fun too!
  2. Getting a swimsuit!- Yeah, I know, that's not usually an enjoyable topic. Heather and I went together (post-swimming) with our kids. Wasn't sure how smart of an idea that was, but to our surprise they were excellent! We went to TJ Maxx, where we found millions of swimsuits and they all fit, except for the whole cleavage thing! So, then we headed to Wal-Mart where I found the one I originally liked, so I bought it. It covers where it needs to, so to celebrate, we split an Almond Joy! It was so fun trekking across B'ham with ya, Heather!
  3. I got to talk to Kim! She called and we got to chat for a few minutes and the boys talked. Cully and I both needed that! We miss the Hills terribly!! As badly as I need the time to prepare for Camp Cornerstone, I want it to be here so we can see our friends!
  4. Eric is spending the night with us! - Eric is really a funny, sweet kid. It is always good for Cully to have a friend over to keep him busy! They have played nonstop, and now they are watching Star Wars in their sleeping bags. Yes, its almost 11pm (Sorry Heather) At 9pm, Eric asked if they could stay up late. I asked "What time do you normally go to bed?" He answered " On days I have school...7:00". Well, little guy, you're already staying up late. At least they showered and brushed teeth, I'm not all fun and games! It's summer!
  5. The house is dark and quiet and mostly clean. I am sleepy, but I want to stay up and read and savor the quiet. I'm reading I Capture the Castle again. Umm, so good! If you haven't read it, you must borrow my copy immediately(well, when I'm finished or if you can refer me to another excellent read)!

Good night all!

3 comments:

heather said...

Thank you my baby had so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Ok when is someone going to let me borrow a Francine River book? Laura, are you there??? My brain needs substanence!

Sounds fun. Glad you all are having a lovely day. I love lovel days, I want lots and lots of them!Except for the whole swimsuit shopping thing. I can do without that.

Jawan said...

Ginger, I know Maja might have called you by now to let you know that I was planning on coming for Camp Cornerstone to help out and let my kids enjoy the week....but....in just a matter of hours, I feel I need to stay home that week. Even thought Maja offered to somehow help me out with gas, we just can't afford the trip plus the mileage on our van. We have a family trip planned the week after CC and need to save our money and energy for that. Gosh, I am disappointed. However, I was planning on coming alone with the kiddos, without Mitch since he has to work, so, I can't way that I was all that excited about shuffling about with three under the age of four, getting in the pool in public, or doing all that laundry upon our return to get ready for the next week. Sorry if that sounds selfish. I know you enough to know that you are nodding your head in agreement, right? Love you all! I'll let Kim and Maja know via email. It's fast and cheap!