Friday, June 20, 2008

Domestic Diva

I am such a Domestic Diva. I know you think so, too. Oh, you didn't know? Well, here, let me tell ya all about my day...

I woke up at 6am, drank coffee and got right to work on our monthly newsletter. I finished it by 7:45 and I then cleaned our home to a sparkling shine. ( It must be ready for the masses that are breaking down the doors everyday to see it) Then, got myself and the wee lad and lass dressed and fed then set off to the library. They were having a cowboy show for the summer reading program. So, that was fun times.

About 11:15 we headed to WalMart to get ingredients for a yummy Punchbowl Cake for a party we are going to. As we get home, my neighbor is in need of eggs, in which I come to the rescue(even though they were "Best used by June 4"- Kim would be proud). The kids played outside while I effortlessly shampooed the carpets throughout the house. All while my cake was baking in the oven...

Then, they came in and I gave them a bath. They played as a I assembled my marvelous cake in a trifle, so everyone could see the many beautiful, perfect layers of the cake. They will all know I slaved over it and will think I'm a marvelous cook. Yay, me!

At this time, my baby was very sleepy, so being the wonderful mother I am, I rocked her to sleep. And...I fell asleep too! So, I woke up, layed her down and then went to lay down myself. Now, I just feel yucky! Why did I have to go and ruin my Donna Reed streak?!

This is actually a very unusual day, and not nearly as perfect as I made it sound. (Those who know me well already knew that!) Boy, am I glad my righteousness is not in my parenting, cleaning or cooking!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hmmm, I'm having a hard time sweeping stuff from the sanded down walls and unloading the dishwasher.

Wanna come over?

Kim said...

Eggs are good indefinitely.

That's my philosophy anyhow.

heather said...

I can see you in heels baking and cleaning and oh so pretty. I love a punch bowl cake. You are a diva.

Anonymous said...

i knew it all along! please come to my house. "help me, donna reed, your my only hope" (star wars spoof)

i agree about the eggs, unless you crack one open and it smells, then throw it out.