Saturday, June 7, 2008

I Need a Hobby

I am in a rut. I have a lot to do, don't get me wrong. I'm not bored and I'm slightly overwhelmed, but I need something to escape reality for awhile after the kids go to bed. Something to look forward to doing and feel like a balanced person, instead of a machine. I want a good book to read (come on, Laura, suggest something great!), something to cross-stitch, scrapbook or something creative.

My head feels so cloudy with all that's going on- we need to sell our house, raise money, go visit relatives, send letters, make phone calls, clean the house, cook, pay bills,work, maintain relationships, give my children lots of attention, exercise... That's my NEED TO list and there's nothing creative in there. I don't have time to be creative, I feel like I'm losing my sense of humor! Wouldn't I be more relaxed and care-free if I had a fun hobby? Me thinks so...

...Or maybe I just need to take omega 3 fish oil supplements (Thanks, Whitney)

3 comments:

Paige M said...

Give me some fish oil too if it'll make me as spunky as Whitney!

Anonymous said...

Ew, I tried fish oil, I just kept burping it up all day. Sounds like you are suffering from the dog days of summer, similar to the depression like state that comes over people in the winter.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

good book series... outlander by diana gabaldon. ask crissy and amber about this book.