Monday, August 4, 2008

Today Is Fun

This morning I got up at 6:45 and went walking around the neighborhood. That was nice. Now that school is starting back, I need to get back in a routine. A summer of eating lots and exercising none is showing on me!

We went to a super fun bowling party this morning! Adults bowled while the children bowled, so we had lots o' fun! Now, I am able to blog in the middle of the day because Maggie Sharp came home with us to play with Ansley! Yay!! And Eric came to play with Cully! Double Yay!! They wanted to play Star Wars because they both got new light sabers for their birthday, but instead are sitting beside each other on the couch playing separate Nintendo DS's. Oh, how playtime has changed.

Tonight is 1st grade orientation! We will meet his teacher and take all his many bags of school supplies. I'll have to lug them all myself to the door since Mr. Donahoo will not be there. He is Coach Donahoo now- started coaching a JV Football team in Clay-Chalkville today. So, he went early to the school, went bowling with us at the party, made some phone calls to churches and is going back to start practice this afternoon. He won't be home til 7ish. Its just for 8 weeks, I keep saying.

So, now, not to waste my time as my children are both thoroughly entertained...I must get to work doing something. Not sure what, but something!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Maggie Sharp is a true blessing to our little girlies.

Please come tonight! Please Please!
You will LOVE it!!!

Paige M said...

Yea, just bring a pillow and blanket for me if I come.....but I'm not...I'll be sleeping. have fun.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with orientation. I always hated the first week of school, it seemed like such a waste of time.

Maggie is the best, such a sweet little lady.

April Brown said...

Ginger...I'm so glad you commented on my blog...now I can keep up with you!! I just got caught up on you guys and know that raising support is REALLY hard. Jeremy and I lived on support for 6 years. It's hard to raise, it's hard to maintain, it's hard to trust. I think it's even hard where you are right now...waiting. We have had several times in our marriage where we were frustrated and worn out...through it all, though, the Lord had us in His hands, thankfully! We would have made some pretty bad decisions otherwise! Love ya, girl! Jeremy and I will be praying that your time raising support will continue to strengthen your faith!!