Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Leaf

I am reading another book- took Kim Hill's advice and started reading Jane Eyre. I read the first four chapters in one sitting last night. That's unusual for me, I do not love to read. I get sleepy, antsy, and my track record is about three chapters, then I'm done. But, there have been a few that are incredible and I can't put them down. This one is good. I remember my grandmother saying she loves the Bronte sisters, loving Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I initially skipped the intro, because to me its not considered part of the book and that's reading more than I committed to. But, as I was reading, I just wasn't feeling it, so I went back and read the intro. It was about the Bronte family and that's an interesting and tragic story. So, then I could jump into Jane Eyre and enjoy it more.

We've also been watching the Olympics. The only things I have been remotely interested in is Beach volleyball and Michael Phelps. Ansley is most concerned that the men are wearing girl bathing suits (babin' soups).

Well, at the start of a new school year and a new lifestyle for the Donahoos, I am turning over a new leaf. I'm seeking to be more organized, pray more specific things, reading classics, be skinny again and redecorate my house. My tendency is when I'm stressed I pile on more things to be stressed about and bake alot. I haven't been baking as much, but I am obsessed with getting a new sewing machine or getting mine fixed. I feel a need to sew. (?)

5 comments:

Missy said...

I feel the need to bake when I am stressed too...weird!
I wish I could sew,you could sew things for me. I need some curtains, and Pa needs a new shirt, and...OK, I will leave you alone.

Loving Ansley's assesment of the bathing suits!

Unknown said...

I want to read a new book. Maybe I need to get Jane Eyre, too.

I want to go to Big Saver Thursday. Wanna go?

heather said...

The girls are kinduva scary too I mean when the divers turn around on my.

Laura said...

I'm glad you went back and read the intro. That's ALWAYS one of my favorite parts of any book. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying Michael Phelps immensely. He's my new boyfriend.