Friday, August 1, 2008

So Good To Be Home

Yes, we were gone for 8 days to the Gulf Coast and yes, I said its good to be back in Moody. Our trip was half vacation and half fund raising, but it was all emotionally draining! We felt attacks at every turn and it was a difficult week. Today, we've been so tired and haven't easily gotten back into routine. Our children have, they are so glad to back to their home with their toys! Ansley has played ALL DAY LONG in her room and hasn't wanted to leave! Cully and I went to Wal-Mart to buy school supplies-Yikes! That was almost as emotionally draining as our trip!

We did have a good time, don't think it was torture. We just were tired and stressed, which takes a toll on you and at the two churches we were confronted with some attack. We spent half the week in Destin and it was fun and free! And when we were in Fairhope, it was good too. I got to catch up with some old friends and see how their families have grown and changed. We stayed with Scotty and Lisa, a couple from Fairhope that we've known for 8 yrs. They were married last year and they are so sweet! They really served us, cooked and wouldn't let us clean much. They hung out with us and played with our babies and their home was a refuge, a safe place. We are so thankful for friends like them! We hope to go back in a couple of months to spend time with others we weren't able to see this time around.

The more I visit other churches, the more thankful I am for our church family and leaders! Our church is awesome!! We desperately missed our family and are so glad to be back! I am going to Crissy's house tonight to see my sisters and come in with my arms open-needing care and fellowship! I'm so excited!!!

7 comments:

heather said...

I am glad you are back I missed you. Have fun tonight I wish I was going but my Mom is here and I am enjoying being with her. See you Saturday at the party.

Laura said...

Attacks? Can't wait to hear about that, sister chick.

Kim said...

cool new pic, friend

miss you

piklpaper said...

so fun hanging out with your sweet self last night! oh, and i LOVE your new background! have a restful weekend...

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time with us at Crissy's. After the trip it sounded like you needed it. I love your page too. I will probably spend several hours revamping mine now.

Missy said...

I love your layout.
And I'm glad I got to hang with you last night. You guys are truly blessed to have such an awesome church support group. :)

Paige M said...

OK, am I the only one that didn't go to Crissy's Friday night? I'm glad you were able to go hang out.