Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Cullen is 5 yrs old!!

Yesterday was Cully's 5th bday. We had a small party on Sunday, but yesterday we made the whole day special. We dropped Ansy off at Mother's Day Out and went to Burger King to eat lunch. Then, the two of us headed to the mall-Build-A-Bear Workshop to be exact. I figure this is the last year he'll want to do something like that. He knew right away which bear he wanted, gave it a heart, stuffed it and quickly found him a SpiderMan costume. When it was time to name the bear, I thought that may take awhile, but to my surprise he already had a name picked too! Scott. That's a cool name, right? So he typed his birth certificate (with a little help) and we had to buy Scott some underwear for when he's not wearing his costume. It was a good Mommy/Son day. Later, we took some friends bowling and ate supper and cake at the bowling alley. You haven't lived until you've seen bowling in slow motion! By the way, the children were beating the adults for most of the game. They had bumpers so the ball wouldn't go in the gutters. That's what we'd keep reminding ourselves, so we wouldn't feel like such losers!

I can't believe my baby is 5 and starts school in a week! I suppose I should be glad that my children are growing and progressing like they should, but I'd rather put bricks on their heads to keep them from growing!

1 comment:

Dollar General said...

I wish he was going to school with Noah - why did Trace have to quit SMCS - I'm still upset about that -I'm trying to get over it though! Happy Birthday Cullen!!