Thursday, August 9, 2007

First Day




Well, we survived the first day of school! It started off great, getting up bright and early to eat breakfast with my boy. There he is all cuddled up in his blanket eating a bagel. We made it through goodbyes and no one cried-not even me! (I got a little teary last night for a moment.) All morning, Ansy was so confused that we left him there and didn't bring him home("Mommy, where's Bubby?"), but after a while she enjoyed having me and the house to herself. I didn't really know what to do, I knew we would go get him at 11:30. I kind of felt like Forrest Gump, at the end of the movie when Little Forrest gets on the bus and Forrest tells him "I'll be here when you get back." and just sat back down at the bus stop. I just came home and sat down, staring blankly for a moment, waiting for 11:30 so I could go back and get him.

He was very excited, wearing his new SuperMan backpack and toting his nap mat with his name on it (yes, I'm a cheesy mom who loves monogramming and even made a name tag for his packpack out of scrapbook supplies). They took a tour of the school today and he was so excited that he tried to take me on the same tour when I picked him up. He had a great day, very tired now and resting in his room. We're looking forward to tommorrow, except for getting up so early!!!!

3 comments:

Paige M said...

YEA!!! I'm so glad he had a good day. I said a prayer for you and Brandy this morning. I'm glad there were no shed tears!The pictures are too cute!

Burt said...

I'm excited for y'all ... especially for Cullen and his new brown friend.

Dollar General said...

That is SO fun! YAY CULLEN! We were talking about school last night and Jason misses Trace - he said "There's no guys there!" They hired a young girl to take Trace's place! We have to get together - I already told Conner and she wants to see y'all - so lets plan something!