Friday, August 24, 2007

St Andrews, Scotland

WOW! Trace and I took a bus to St Andrews and that has been my favorite "sight-seeing" part of our trip! I was excited to go because I knew it had a castle and some ruins and shopping, but it was so much more than we expected! First of all, its a smaller town on the North Sea-Trace calls it Fairhope, AL on crack. Prince William went to University of St Andrews-I'm a BIG royal buff, by the way. And, for those interested, its where the game of golf began. We went to the castle which was awesome, too. It was in ruins, but still cool. What we learned that was the sight of the first Protestant congregation! John Knox was at this castle and there was a lot about him in St Andrews. Then we went to the cathedral, also in ruins, but it was incredible. We also saw the Martyr's Monument-I'll let Trace give you the history lesson-I wasn't paying a lot of attention to all that, just snapping pictures in awe. Anyway, fabulous!

We have seen alot and learned alot about the area-please be in prayer for us, for clarity & discernment. Right now, homesickness for my children is really clouding my view. I absolutely can't wait to hold my babies!

I have so much in my brain I want to just write about, but I am also so tired! Its 11:30 pm here and need to go to bed. Hopefully in the morning I can blog again and share more things, thoughts and feelings. Night night...

1 comment:

Steven G Morgan said...

Hey Guys

I'm enjoying reading of your travels and hope God opens a door for you guys.

Winna Winna Chicken Dinna

G