Sunday, August 19, 2007

First Full Day

It has been a great couple of days! Where do I begin? After resting yesterday, we went to a wonderful Italian restaurant for supper! Everything in Culcheth is within walking distance and most people do walk around. Gas here is about $8.00/gallon, which probably has something to do with it, but I think its just part of their culture as well. I liked it!
We had a great time of worship at Grace this morning. We met some sweet people and it was nice. Then, we went to the Waldeckers' house in Manchester and ate lunch. They are the American missionaries here and they have a large family, it was fun! The kids are really sweet with good personalities. Then we watched Manchester United play Manchester City in soccer on tv, which was HUGE today, since we were in Manchester! It was an upset because Man City won, they are the underdog. After coffee, we went to the Trafford Centre. This is the largest mall in Europe! No kidding, its a mile long from end to end. Wow! It was beautiful and we got to shop for a while and eat scones. Fun times!

We are back in Culcheth now and about to go to bed. Jet lag is wearing off slowly. I wanted to put pics on, but I forgot to bring my camera cord. Anyway, I'll do a slide show when I get home. We miss you guys! More tomorrow...

4 comments:

Burt said...

that's a great Italian restaurant isn't it! and are not Ruth and Roy the coolest folks on the planet?

Dollar General said...

WHAT FUN! I WISH I WAS THERE! I know it is so beautiful! Better smell and better food, huh?!? I'm so thankful you're there safe and sound and I SO WISH you had your camera cord. I anxiously await the pictures! I'm so glad your blogging too! I was not expecting a post when I came by today! What a great surprise! Get some rest...Love ya, Pg

Kim said...

I'm living vicariously through you. Curse you for not bringing your camera cord! What kind of person are you? Looking forward to tomorrow. clicking over to Trace now...

tammy said...

hi, i am so glad to hear you are having a great time. the kids are super, cullen got off to school without a hitch this am and had a good breakfast. hair spiked, caught the bus. ansley had a brief but dramatic departure scene on the sidewalk, as if he was going off to iraq, instead of kindergarten. she's all smiles now, after eating huge breakfast and watching doodle bops, reading 5 books and yet another snack. hey, that mall sounds like it's right up our alley. we could have torn that mile long place up in our shopping days, couldn't we? How was high tea??? wish we could see some pictures. be safe, have fun and Don't Worry about the babies they are just fine. ps. ansley probably won't have to see a dr. afterall. foot looks ok. love, mom