Sunday, July 29, 2007

Great Weekend

This has been a great weekend! We had a wonderful visit with Mom and Grandmother, made some extra cash at the yard sale and Cullen's birthday party was a lot of fun. Cullen had the best day and got great gifts! Tuesday is his actual bday and we are going bowling and I have another surprise up my sleeve for my boy!
This weekend was jam packed and I am feeling the effects now and cannot wait to get in my bed! Once again, I am overwhelmed by the way the Lord provides for us in all ways. He has surrounded us with wonderful, supportive people and meets our needs in all sorts of ways we don't expect. He provided all Cullen's school supplies and clothes that I knew was going to be a strain to buy-He has provided all of them! He also provided a lawn mower! Ours broke last week and we found a great one at a yard sale and sold ours for the same price to someone who can fix it! Fabulous! He is reinforcing in my life how He is there and will give us what we need when we need it and it gives me hope.

Of course, not all our needs are financial. The Lord also showed me my sin today(everyday). Its so humbling to do something and feel so convicted about it later. I hate that feeling, but chastisement is a good thing. It gives you direction and helps you grow. I hate the feeling in the pit of my stomach and not resting well until I make it right, but whom the Lord loves He chastens. So there is comfort in it and all of that reminds me of why I discipline my own children. His design is perfect! Thank God for grace!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for helping me out today! Sorry I was such a grouch... I appreciate you!

Crissy said...

Chastening... lovely word. I'd forgotten it temporarily. Thanks for the reminder.