Monday, February 4, 2008

Sleepy Ramblings

Today I'm getting over pneumonia, at least I hope I am. Yuck, this is no fun. I haven't slept well in about three nights. My back and chest hurt. My mom lovingly came Friday night when she heard I was sick and stayed all weekend! She took care of the kids and cooked and cleaned and even took C & A to the movies! I am so thankful for the help, especially since Trace had to work Saturday and he isn't feeling well either. I was in bed ALL day Saturday, so I couldn't have made it this weekend without her help! Thanks Mom!

Ansley woke up with night terrors last night about 2am. That is so stressful because she calls out for me, but when I come she scoots away like she is afraid. I assume she's still kind of asleep, and is completely out of control! She kicks and hits and screams and we don't know what to do! Before its all over, there is a big battle of wills. Then, after about 30-1hr she's calmly back in her bed and sleeps the rest of the night. I however couldn't go back to sleep.

Because of my sleepless night, I woke Cully up late for school. He can get ready pretty quick, but as he's putting on his shoes, his school bus drives by. Crap! So my poor baby, who doesn't handle stress well, ran after it with his clunky backpack. He was screaming and crying the whole way down the sidewalk! I felt so bad for him and luckily the driver saw him and waited. Thank you, Lord because I didn't feel like getting ready and taking him in this morning. He was very late on Friday (10:00 am) because I felt too bad to get ready. I had to take him since he missed a whole week for being sick. Anyway, pray my boy has a better day.

I am very excited about our community group! We got together for our 2nd meeting last night and two new couples came. The Cosbys and the Webbers have been visiting our church and they both live right down my street. Its neat to meet awesome people who were down the road all along and you never knew it! I realized I had at some point spoken to the Cosbys, seperately, in passing. Anyway, I hope they all continue to come! The Mealers are so fun, too! I'm really enjoying getting to know them! We missed the Arants and the Clarksons last night. Wow! Two weeks in and already a big group. I love how the Lord sets up ministries for you, even when you're not looking for them. I feel He is showing me another ministry to start at our church just through people He has put in my path. I am very excited, now I just need to figure out how to execute it! I wondered some how He'd use me in England and what good could I do there. He's showing me that He will put the ministry opportunities together, give me divine appointments with people and get His work done. Once again, I realize He is doing it all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you all are still sick. Pnemonia can really be serious so rest as much as possible. Forget about the house! Rest and eat when you can. Hope you get better soon.

Kim said...

Blegh. I hope your are getting better. The sickness going around our church is driving me nuts! End!
By the way, I posted after you looked at our pics. One of Quinn's former students called and offered to keep the boys for us. She just remembered I liked Over the Rhine. How cool is that?