Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Rambling on in the middle of the night

Today has been a good, productive day. This morning,Trace and I met with Rev. Tom Cheely, the Missions pastor at Briarwood. He is a lovely man, very friendly and full of knowledge! He seems to know every person, place and thing about missions! He was very encouraging to us today and imparted some great wisdom and insight for our chaotic existence. After that, we went back to the office and talked with Burt, Steve, Scott and Quinn about what we learned from Cheely. Then, we all went to eat lunch together at Pizza Hut.

I have done a lot of Camp Cornerstone stuff on and off today-that starts Monday morning! For those of you who don't know, Camp Cornerstone is our version of VBS. I really hope everyone has a great time, like in the past. I know the kids will, because we rented a "jumpy thing" and are having live animals one day. I'm excited, once I get past all the worry that I have forgotten to do something very important!

I was also able to clear out my paper stacks on my kitchen counter tonight. That is a source of much anxiety almost everyday, because it just sits there all messy and its a pile of important papers (bills) that I know I'll forget about along with pictures the kids colored, junk mail, papers I need to shred, etc... You get the picture. It just sounds stressful, doesn't it?

The kids and I went for a walk this evening. I always enjoy that, I love seeing their little legs run around and play! Cully was walking backwards and it was really funny to see Ansley imitate him! She's not quite as coordinated as him yet! She doesn't want to ride in a stroller anymore, so I don't get much exercise. That's ok, its still fun!

Well, we did a lot more productive stuff but I won't bore you anymore with details! Its 1:20am, and I know that I am rambling, but I'm not sure if I'm making a lot of sense. I shouldn't blog when I'm this tired! I need to be resting up for our big day tomorrow- Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Dollar General said...

We definately need to get together - we are out of town the week of the 9th and then the week of the week of the 23rd. Both are youth camps Jason has been asked to teach Apologetics at. I guess you've read about our soon to be transition...If you haven't read my "Our 1st Letter" we have sent our missions paperwork to Briarwood too. What is the progress on your Scotland adventure? What is Trace doing? Let's get together either the week of the 16 or 30th - I know Jason would LOVE to see Trace too! Talk to you soon!

Paige M said...

I enjoyed your blog!! Keep it up! Maybe I'll have the confidence to blog myself one day! I love the blog about how you are learning new things about yourself at 28. Yes, I feel the same way ....only at 35!! It always amazes me how God chooses to teach different people different things at HIS own timing! Sometimes I see 12 year olds with more spiritual wisdom than me....then God tells me to be patient!! That is comforting! At least I KNOW He isn't finished with me yet!