Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Today was a good day. It didn't seem like it had the makings to be a good day, though. I had no car(it was in the shop for a minor repair), although sometimes its really nice to stay home all day! Just knowing I had to be at home made me do more fun things with the kids. Cully got to escape to Trussville with MiMi to look for more reasonable birthday presents. So, I had a couple of quiet, uninterrupted hours while Ansy slept(clean, balance my checkbook-nothing fun or crafty, but nice and quiet). Then I got my car back(YEA!!!) and made plans of how I'm going drive around tomorrow because cabin fever had set in. Trace went to a bible study tonight so Kim got to come over and hang out. That was nice, because we can talk the whole time and have fun with no TV or other distractions(the kids were in bed). Its good to have friendships like that.

Ooh, it is raining outside. Its making me sleepy and I can't let all that go to waste! I must retire to the bed and get rested up for the insane weekend ahead of me! We have family coming in for Cully's bday,3 birthday parties(one at my own house), a neighborhood yard sale(because I like stressing myself out and filling up every possible hour of an already hectic day)and shopping for bday and school. That's just my list, Trace has other obligations separate from me all day Saturday! Wish us luck! :)

No comments: