Monday, July 16, 2007

Great Big God

Well, we survived Camp Cornerstone! My house barely survived! It seemed like everyday at noon I completely shut down for the rest of the day! Today, I surveyed the damage and got to work. We had a friend over to play with Cully, so that made it easier to clean. (I wasn't expected to be his playmate) Its amazing that having more children at the house=better housecleaning.

This weekend we moved Ansley back into her bedroom. We moved her in with Cully a few months ago because he was scared and wanted her in there. Now, he's sick of it(she cries) and he's ready to be a big boy(after all, he is starting Kindergarten next month) and have his own room again. She's really loving it too. I thought she might have to readjust, but she hasn't missed a beat! And I'm super excited because I can really girlify her room!! I decorated alot today, too(just call me Martha Stewart, Jr) so I rearranged her room, hung pictures and put little fairies on her wall. Very sweet-and girly! I say I was Martha-ish because I also redecorated our bathroom. We moved a cute wood table in front of the window in there, so I accessorized.

Now, onto the next project. We have an incredible opportunity to host the Little League World Series Banquet at our church this Thursday night. What does that mean? We will be feeding over 500 people in our gym! Wow!! This is an incredible outreach opportunity and its coming together nicely. We are not really experiencing any stress about pulling off such a huge event. Me and the ladies I am working with all have such a peace thus far in the planning. People have asked (and we've asked ourselves) where are they going to _________?(Fill in the blank-park, sit, eat, etc..) But the answer is the same, the Lord gave us this opportunity, so He will provide. I love having that confidence in our great, big God! That reminds me of a song our kids learned at CC last week-"Great Big God". Its been playing in my head all week! I love knowing that God is in control and there is nothing I can do to mess things up! There is such peace in knowing that! He's in control and He will use all situations to bring glory to Himself and will teach me things in the process, because He is so good, gracious, wise and loving. We truly serve a Mighty King!

1 comment:

Dollar General said...

That's so GREAT about your serving opportunity! At least you have help - it's nice to have a pack! We have Anna in Noah's room right now and they talk so much when it's time to go to bed! We will definately have to move her out when school starts!