Friday, October 24, 2008

Thrift Store Dreams are Made of

Yesterday, Laura and I went had a fabulous time! We heard of a thrift store for missionaries, "Missions Boutique", by Briarwood Pres. For those who don't know, my friends and I love going to thrift stores! So, with our "missionary licence" in hand (prayer card as proof) we set off in anticipation. We entered the thrift store and it was rinky dink. But, the lady working there said as we walked in "You must be missionaries!" Is it that obvious? Oh,no. "Why,yes, we are." She asked us some questions, trying to decide if we qualify for Missions Boutique and we convinced her. So, she led us there. We thought we were in it, but she led us through the store, through a door, up the stairs into an "inner room"(think top secret 007-type situation) to a fabulous collection of clothing! I found a Banana Republic coat, great shirts,denim jacket, funky pants, some great Ralph Lauren stuff for Cullen, Nautica shirts for Trace,and a whole new wardrobe for Ansley! About 25% of it still had the tags and it was all name brand, stylish stuff! Wanna know the grand total of my finds: FREE! That's right ladies and gents!! We didn't figure that out right off- you know me, it takes awhile to catch on times. We even called Kim Hill for some fashion questions and she confirmed it was in!

Speaking of Kim, we are going to spend the weekend with them! We leave in a couple of hours and we are so EXCITED!!! It will be a fabulous reunion with our dear friends! And I made cinnamon toast this morning. I don't make that nearly enough. I love the way it fills my home with the smell of warm, buttery,cinnamony goodness...

5 comments:

Burt said...

haven't i been saying we're all sort of missionaries? we'll go with you next time!

Anonymous said...

I want to go! Can I go? Tell that Kim I said hi and give her a great big hug from me!

heather said...

So not fair. I bet there is a market for fake missionary cards just to get into all the cool places missionaries get to go. Tell Kim hello from the Nold's.

Missy said...

Seriously, what if I take my sisters missionary prayer card and say I am getting stuff for them? Which I will of course!

Hope ya'll are having fun with Kim and the cinnamon toast. Sorry, I was thinking those 2 must be related some how?!

Ginger said...

No, not related at all. That's just how my brain works!