Saturday, November 24, 2007

Comfy, Cozy Day

Cold, winter-feeling day. I've been cold all day and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love the holidays and I know that for the holidays to come, so must cold weather. So, I can endure it I guess. I've been in warm comfy clothes drinking coffee throughout the day. I even watched a girl movie -Father of the Bride 2. Today I have been really comfy-cozy, relaxed, low-key. My house has been clean the last few days, we rearranged our furniture and that makes me keep it clean for a few days, plus its helped that we've had several visitors over the past few days. I'm able to relax when the house is tidy. The Christmas tree is lit up and beautiful, I decorated the mantle earlier and I like it. My kids have been very fun to be around which is awesome considering the long hours we've put in lately. Like last night the kids and I went to Crissy's and it was so much fun sitting around laughing and talking with my friends. We didn't leave until 11:00! I can't explain how it fills my soul to go there and spend time with those people. I don't know why I don't go more.
Trace and I had a big to-do list for this weekend since he was off for so long and we weren't travelling, but have we done it? Nope. But, I'm not stressing, not tonight. Tonight is me and babies night, Trace went to a friend's to watch the Iron Bowl and although we are watching it here too, we are able to do our own thing-sit in front of the TV and be silly and loud and nobody is stressed about it. Fun times. I think I'm gonna scrapbook for awhile tonight. I need to catch up because I'm starting to forget before I can document things! Now I must go and have more fun with my babies. What a pleasant day of sweet contentment.

3 comments:

Crissy said...

I'm glad you like to come to my house. Sometimes I wonder if people come out of pity. I just know that I love having you over. I'm "watching" the game too.

Dollar General said...

Oh man! I meant to call Trace last night in the middle of the game! That still cracks me up how upset he gets when people call during the game - I take it he didn't come home happy! But sounds like you were! I love days like that!

I hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving! Love ya, Pg

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of having one of those days today. Miss you, friend. Hope you are doing well.