Thursday, November 15, 2007

Celebrity Reader Day

Today was a fun day! It was Celebrity Reader Day at Cully's school and the humorous thing is that I was considered a "celebrity reader". I got to ride on the coat tail of our Celebrity Pastor Burt Boykin. I was a little nervous being in front of people, but it turned out really great! I read to a 1st grade class then to Cully's class. It was cute to see him so proud to have his Mommy there as a special guest. I better enjoy that while it lasts because it won't be too long before he begs me not to even come to his school! They did a lot to make it special, including a huge spread of food and gave us all a t-shirt.

Then, after a bit of work at the church, Ansy and I came home for lunch. We took a two hour nap! That was lovely! This would be why I'm up blogging at 10:30pm- I can't sleep! Once Cully came home, I took them to the new Leeds park and library. The new park is awesome!! You must go and take your children if you haven't already. Anyway, my spontaneous friends (Steve and Laura- that is one of the reasons I love them so) asked us to come and hang out after dinner. We stayed a long time and the kids were almost asleep by the time we got home. I love when they are worn out from playing and go right to sleep!

These are the days I really enjoy my life; getting to do cool things with my job and being able to spend time with my children during the day. I love the community I'm in and the people He has put in my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too Ginger! Sounds like a fun day. I remember when I was in 1st grade my mother used to come to our class and read to us. I did feel so proud because it was MY mom reading to the class. But she didn't let that overtake her. Nope, if I started acting up she was not afraid to put me in my place in front of everything. That was the bad part of having your mom visit the classroom. Bummer!

Kim said...

hanging out with Laura and Steve spontaneously is the best!

Crissy said...

I know everyone else is stuck on the whole 'community' thing but ... a nap? Really? Tell me, what was that like?