Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Far This Week...

Just woke up from a long nap, so words may not make sense. I should've went hiking and exploring with Trace instead. Its been a fabulous week, with teaching from Dr. Kooistra 2 or 3 times per day, getting to know Tom May, no TV, commecting with friends who have so very much in common and can relate to our unusual struggles...

Wow! I have really been able to see alot of my sin and my idols this week, which is not fun, but God is so gracious.

This week is called Living in Grace, applying grace to our lives everyday and to the people around us. Some cool snippets from this week so far: Humility is the overall look of grace. Without humility, you can't have the fruit of the Spirit, holiness, ministry or greatness. Also, we must have a posture of repentence. Not just when we sin, but always knowing even our best is tainted (I'll get in more later). I've been like a sponge because Dr. Kooistra a great guy to listen to, very funny, loving and wise. And it helps to go into a small group and discuss immediately how to apply what we've learned, You can't really do that in real life, so much good stuff can be lost.

Now, I'm a little more awake, so I can go get ready for dinner. I really shouldn't take naps, I'm mush the rest of the day!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hello, friend. I'm loving you and praying for you and glad you can give us little snippets into your week. (Reminds me of Sonship last year -- so wishing we were going back this October.)

Oh, guess what -- the young woman you sold your furniture to is my neighbor's sister-in-law! Mindy (Olivia's mother) told me a few days ago that her mother-in-law had made the connection -- maybe through something you said while they were at the yard sale.

Anyway, hope the week continues to deepen your fellowship with Jesus and the fellow MTW-ers! See you when you get home.

heather said...

Glad you are having a restfully time and learning so much.

Missy said...

Glad you are having a good time of refreshment up there. Nothing wrong with a good nap, it's part of the refrshing ;)

NC mtns are beautiful. I always do some of my best thinking up there.