Monday, September 29, 2008

I Love Our New Home!

We are almost unpacked, somewhat organized and are getting used to our new place. I've been to the pool house ALOT, but never slept here until now. A place, even a familiar place, feels very different when you live there.

I love to open the windows first thing in the morning and feel the breezes. It makes everything so fresh.

I love to lay on my bed and read and smell the Sweet Olive tree outside my window. Those trees are wonderful and they have a couple around the house. You get a whiff of it every once and awhile when you're outside. I hope there are Sweet Olive trees in England.

I love that there is soooo many places to play outside! We bought the kids their first real bikes this week. There is a great place to ride here. We didn't play much outside at the old house since it was such a tiny lot, so they have really started loving the outdoors.

I love that it is so safe-feeling here. Not really meaning crime, it felt safe at our old neighborhood. But, that the Claytons are next door, the Boykins are beside them and the Johnsons are across the street. The kids can go far and they are safe and have PLENTY of kids to play with!

I love the house, how colorful it is. Those of you who have been to our old house knows it was all the same color- Latte. We didn't change much because we knew we wouldn't be there long and wanted it to remain neutral. I love the colors in these rooms, all different and cheerful.

Its been so nice and therapeutic to be here. I am so thankful for how the Lord has provided richly for us through His people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats what makes me so ill with the new homes they build nowdays. How do they expect families to live there with kids who want to be outside all the time?

I'm glad you love your new digs. I'm happy for you, really from the bottom of my heart.

Missy said...

You make it sound like a resort! Thats awesome :)
I'm glad too that you are happy there. One thing I regret in my life is that my kids don't have kids to run around with in the neighborhood. Enjoy it while you have it!

Martin said...

Well the Lord is sooooo good to us and thats even before we take into account that we don't deserve any of it! What we deserve doesn't even bear thinking about! But of course we must learn to be "happy in Jesus" in good times and bad, when supplied and when in need. There are many in our day who are the Lord's and yet live in poverty, in desperate circumstances, persecuted or in constant fear of their lives in some countries. Nevertheless, the testimony of every Christian will be that "surely the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places". Whilst we enjoy, and are thankful for what we have let us most of all seek to so love the Lord Jesus that we are as content as the Apostle Paul was whatever his cirumstances.

By the way, I'm afraid there are no sweet olive trees in England, just cold, wet weather, growing recession, rising crime and immorality and a land in desperate need to hear the glorious gospel of grace. Lord forgive us for our lack of concern, have mercy on us and revive us and send more workers! :-)

Martin
Grace Fellowship Church,
Warrington, England

Martin said...

by the way, where is that photo from? Its obviously somewhere in the UK but I don't recognise it and I've been most pretty places here.

Thanks,
Martin