Friday, March 7, 2008

Remembering the Good News

Tonight I got a surprise phone call from one of my oldest friends, someone I have dearly loved since I was a child. Looking back on our relationship, its amazing to see it was held together by God. We only lived near each other for a short time, and our lives were very different in every way- family structure, religion and economically. But somehow God chose to bind us together. Its really a beautiful thing. We were able to catch up on things happening in both our lives and were able to also talk about the goodness of the Lord.

I'm a big proponent of preaching the gospel to yourself everyday. But I think of it all in the aspect of His grace and mercy for my sinfulness I'm going to commit that day and reminding me to die to myself. (I wish I did all that daily) But I was able to get back to basics and really try to grasp the reality of it. That being how the Creator of the universe cares for His creation, became like one of us as Jesus the Son, became the perfect sacrifice He required to satisfy His wrath and take away all our transgressions, and have a vital relationship with us for eternity. All while completing the good work in which He started in us. And not only that, but also how He gives us our gifts, that when joined with other believers it is a complete body. And how the body of Christ loves and takes care of one another, meeting needs of all kinds. WOW! Is that great stuff or what?! Good news indeed!

It really blessed my soul to talk with my friend tonight, I was encouraged about the gospel, wanting to live it out, and how God calls people to Himself. I also found out ways to pray for her.

Thank you friend (blog lurker) for calling me and being so candid and open and letting me ponder on so many wonderful things!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

i love how the Lord weaves lives together through the gospel. i was really encouraged by this!

Anonymous said...

Love hearing from old friends. I have a friend of mine, actually my sister in law (Brian's step sister). We are completely opposite but when God brings us together it's always something special. It's like he ties our hearts together though we live entirely different lives.