Friday, March 21, 2008

Observations at WalMart

  1. Don't go to Trussville WalMart during Spring Break unless you have nothing but time to kill and you want a good laugh. I didn't go in with either of those things on my mind, but if you enter the Twilight Zone you might as well have fun with it!
  2. Junior High girls, whether alone or in a group, are very funny to watch.

Example One: I heard one girl tell her friends that "Vitamin water is my new favorite drink. Its like the best ever." Her friends enthusiastically agreed, even though it was so obvious they had no idea what "Vitamin Water"was!

Example Two: A girl walking behind her mom would spontaneously "bust a move" in the cereal aisle if a good song was playing. And, even better, she'd start doing cheerleading moves! Hysterical!

3. Just because people are driving over yellow stripes in a crowded parking lot, doesn't necessarily mean they will slow down.

4. Eating at the WalMart McDonald's is not for the faint of heart. Another Twilight Zone moment. I walk in and order a parfait, quick bite before I grocery shop so I don't buy EVERYTHING I see, and I've immediately realized this is a bad idea. At about noon on a Thursday, its full of hairy old men with food in their beards, old women with bad wigs, whole families who stop to eat AFTER they shop, with their full cart parked by the table and LOUD kids. I sat down, trying not to make eye contact with anyone, quickly ate my parfait and got the heck out of Dodge!

Fun Times! Not really, but definitely a good laugh!

3 comments:

heather said...

Love to watch at Walmart. Where is the McDonld's? I thought it was a Subway? Missed you this week. See you in the morning. How many K-5 kids did we invite? I am slightly scared. Here's hoping we have enough eggs.

Kim said...

OMG, vitamin water is, like, the best ever. I do like to watch the junior high girls.
"random" was the word that Quinn's girl students used to say. For instance, "That song is, like, so random!"

Anonymous said...

Junior high girls are the best. They are still young enough to be cute and innocent and still funny at the same time. But I loath Walmart. You are a braver woman than I am.