Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CMTW, Free Meds and a Movie

Today we were back at MTW. What a great place to be! When you walk in, its like a light in a dark place, an oasis in the desert! I just love it!

First thing on the agenda was our meeting with CMTW(Committee MTW). Wow! What a room of the most gracious men I've ever seen! We met about 45 min in which they asked about our call, our past and our spiritual life. Sound intimidating enough? Just for the first five minutes, then it was really great. These men we met with are pastors and elders from all over the place- St. Louis, Philadelphia, Vancouver, Birmingham and North Carolina. Such sweet, gentle spirits. So, when it was over, we waited for a response. Finally, at lunch, we were told in passing by an MTW staff person we were approved! What a relief! We realize if we've gotten this far, its hard to be denied, but you never know. So, there, we are official- tomorrow we are signing our life away!

Then, we went to the Dr for our physical. I have been sick with a cold that turned into a sinus infection, but I've been sick ALL WINTER! I'm still paying Dr bills from all four of us being sick last month! So, I told him my symptoms and he said he'd prescribe some antibiotics. I was thankful, but a little sick because of the cost that's to follow. As we leave, he tells us to fast until 11:00 tomorrow for bloodwork and oh by the way- here's your medicine! 10 days worth of antibiotics FREE! And we didn't have to pay for the visit since it was a job physical!!! OH MY GOSH! (At least, that's what they tell me- I hope we don't get a bill later!)

The food here is marvelous! MTW hires these caterers for their events that are out of this world! We really only come for the food! Tonight was a special dinner with the Committee for our approval- very nice, candles and some special presentations. Such an incredible group of people He has blessed us to be around! I love it!

We have new-found freedom with no children and I'm afraid we're going a little overboard. Last night we went to Johnny Corinos and had dessert. Today, during our break, we went to Dunkin Donuts and came back and took a nap. Tonight we went to the movies and saw The Other Boleyn Girl- very good! So, we are tired and STILL have a presentation to work on for Friday! Yuck!!

I do miss my babies- called and talked to them and they are having fun. Of course- MiMi and Pops are a barrel of fun!

Tomorrow is a very busy day with no breaks! 8:30am-7pm.

3 comments:

Burt said...

well, congratulations again! i know y'all are relieved to get past this hurdle. now, if only churches and folks would open up their checkbooks

Jessica said...

very exciting, ginger! we're praying for y'all.

Anonymous said...

cool beans! Miss you!