Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Home"

I had a great thought when I was walking the other day: This place no longer feels foreign to me! When you're in a foreign place it feels, smells and sounds different. I knew everyday, all day long that I was in a foreign country until now, 5 months in, and I'm glad its starting to feel like "home". I type it "home" because I know its not, I still feel like an outsider and still not 100% sure what people are saying but I do feel more comfortable here. I have a routine and I recognize people in the village and say hello. Our house mostly has our smell.

These last five months have been the hardest of my life. I didn't think a life in missions would be paradise, but its getting a bit ridiculous! Every time I stand up, I just get knocked down, but I know Who's catching me. And He has a purpose for everything. That's what i've learned from support raising and my first few months on the field. Life is hard, it stinks actually. I am not really optimistic for the future, except I long for Heaven. That sounds a little harsh, so don't misunderstand me. I have joy in Christ and I have hope knowing this crazy, broken world isn't my home. And I want others here to experience Christ and ride this journey with us!

3 comments:

Chef Bolyar-D said...

Hey Ginger! Hope you've had a Happy British Mother's Day in your new Home!! - I know you'll continue find joy and purpose in every day and bless all those you meet :) Pip pip and all that <3

Crissy Sharp said...

Oh how I miss your face. For realz.
But I am so very glad that some things are coming on line for you, even if it is just the smells.

God will always be gracious to us. Sunday morning I was struggling so much, I didn't even want to walk into the gym. Then I heard Connie's voice singing, "Come all you burdened and heavy laden..." and I went. Jesus calls to us in our pain and we are made beautiful.

Unknown said...

So glad to read that you feel at home in your little village. It has been a very hard few months for you, and for those of us who love you and pray for you. We miss you very much. I suppose your first few months were hindered by learning a new place, new faces, new customs and a new life for all of you. Then came the medical situations that kept you from focusing on the tasks at hand. Now that you have been there a while, I hope your life will be a little easier. Just know that although you can't see us or hear from us as often as we would like, your family is thinking of you, missing you and loving you dearly. Love, MOM