Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ladies I've Met

Pray for Katherine. She is a newly-single mom with two children, one of which is in Ansley's class. I was introduced to her at school and now I see her everywhere I go. It only took a couple of times chatting before she opened up about her life. She had to leave her husband, home and all her belongings in a rush around Christmas time. She's moved to a new house, new town and having to start over with her two children. She brings her kids here because its a good school, but she takes the bus from a nearby town. The school principal contacted someone from our church, so maybe they could help her and GFC has been able to. She hasn't come to our church yet, but its good that we have a presence at school so folks think of us to help when its needed.

Laura is my next door neighbor. I didn't meet her for several weeks after we moved in because, in good British fashion, she is very shy and reserved. She and her husband have an 8 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl- just like our kiddos! Their daughter is actually in Ansley's class! Before school started we had only heard rumors kids lived there because we NEVER saw them!
One day after dance class, we walked home together and chatted as the kids talked and played and ran ahead. It was good. The next day, she waited to see if I wanted to walk with her. I thought that was HUGE! Last week, she let the kids play in our house and she came over later and had tea. We chatted for awhile. Its still awkward, sometimes we talk when we see each other, sometimes not. Soon, I plan to invite her to lunch or plan for the family to come over and eat. I pray that this will be great friendships for all of us!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

so glad to hear about the relationships yall are forming over there! We are praying for you guys as you dig into deeper relationships with everyone there :) Love you guys!