Sunday, October 21, 2007

"What Happens at Hargis, Stays at Hargis"

On this beautiful Sabbath day, I really would like to take a nap. My eyes are heavy, belly full and baby is sleeping, but I really want to share about our fantastic women's retreat this weekend! We headed to the Hargis retreat center Friday at noon, leaving behind all responsibility! It felt good! Mimi came to care for the babies until Trace came home, then they had a good Daddy/Kids weekend. Kim, Heather and I got our clothes and snack, turned up the radio loud and laughed the whole way!

We studied about Spiritual Mothering, from Titus where older ladies teach and encourage the younger ladies and it was fantastic! It really excited me to see the great mix of ages and seasons of life together, really connecting and enjoying each other. We had lots of free time and good food, and I was able to spend time with some ladies I don't normally see and learn lots about them. Some good, some sad and some down right shocking!(Ahem..."What happens at Hargis stays at Hargis"). I have felt for awhile now that the two generations in our church are too separated. Us younger women can truly benefit from the ladies who are in the next season of life and also us young mothers can encourage the young married ladies. Discipleship is so important in the body of believers! Sharing our pain, knowledge and experiences to help a sister is what its all about! I hope this openness between all the ladies at church continues and we can really develop some Spiritual Mother/Daughter relationships.

It was awesome, well planned retreat. We all laughed and talked, like we were in high school! Fun times! We had a bonfire and Saturday we went canoeing and I got to go hiking in my Clarks mules. My footwear sucked, but it was entertaining for others. Wow! I cannot express how I love the ladies in our church! We have an incredible family in Christ and I am truly thankful he put me here in this time of my life!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Well said.
Oh, and by the way, I was one of the ones who was entertained by your sucky footwear.
;>

Shirley W. said...

So sorry I was not able to go on the retreat, but would love to get to know some of you younger women better. Hope there will be another opportunity soon!

Shirley W.

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post! I was so glad to come to the retreat, even for just a few hours. O, how I wanted to stay longer! Next year I'm going the entire trip!

heather said...

So much fun you are my favorite nature girl always prepared.

Mona said...

I am SOOO glad you remembered that what happens at hargis stays at hargis! :) I really enjoyed our time together and am working on getting those mother daughter relationships cemented!