Monday, April 7, 2008

Back from TN

We're back from our whirlwind tour in TN. We got there at 9:30 Friday night, went to bed about midnight. (Including the kids, cause they slept on the way) Woke up bright and early the next morning and My mom and I went shopping. I got some beautiful clothes for Spring/Summer- Thanks Mom! We ran into my aunt, so we all went to lunch together. That night we had a lot of family over for dinner, which was so fun! We had a little bday party for Ansley and told them more about what we'll be doing in England. I miss being around my family and its very important to me that they know what we're doing and why.

That was another late night, but I didn't mind because I was able to visit with folks and the kids played with their cousins that are the same age. Sunday morning was great,too. Again, early morning, but we were getting ready to speak at a church. They were very encouraging to us, asking questions, talking with us about their own experiences and very attentive when Trace spoke to the congregation. Then, they asked me to come up on stage with Trace, and they prayed for us. We had some family come to hear Trace and to support us and that was so special,too!

After church, we went to Olive Garden. YUM!!! I haven't been there in forever and how good it was! I'm certain I have gained ten ponds this weekend! With the awesome food Sat night and Sunday, plus bday cake and tiramasu! (Yikes, hope my new clothes still fit!)

Trace met with an old friend in Nashville, so we went back to Woodbury and visited with Grandmothers (all of them). Trace didn't get back until 7pm and we left by 8:30pm! Soooo, the drive home was long and we got home at 11:30.

We are all struggling this morning! Ansley is mourning the return of the rental car. I am too a little, it is fun to drive a brand new car! But, back to the old van...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Good to hear more about your trip Ginger. Love that some of the fam went to hear Trace (and supported you)!

Burt said...

glad you're home