Friday, July 8, 2011

Norley Lodge

There is a house just down from us called Norley Lodge. Its a little out of place on our street with a gate, camera and speaker. It is a huge curiosity to me, because it doesn't look extremely old and grand. There is a car there, but I never see a resident come out. There are ALWAYS one or two workers there, repairing things or gardening, and a permanent dumpster with tree clippings in the front. A work truck going in or out of the gate. Occasionally, the alarm will sound. Sometimes there is a light coming from the upstairs window. So, I try to imagine who lives there. Is it a wealthy invalid? A hermit? No one, they are just working on it? Unlikely, since I've been here over 7 months. Probably nothing that interesting in reality, but it is still fun to imagine as I pass it each day...

1 comment:

Missy said...

We should make up a story about it!